We dealt with two companies operating in the automotive and household appliance sector: one produces components in pressed sheet metal, the other designs and produces precision moulds for sheet metal. Together the two companies are looking for international alliances to diversify their sales presence.
It was necessary to extend the presence of the Client internationally in countries where the key production platforms in “global sourcing” of the two sectors would be consolidated. In a short time, we defined a strategic mid-term plan.
- Selection and placement of an export manager.
- Selection of strategic alliances with which to undertake the search for international partners.
- Creation of a business unit for the design and production of automated production plants.
- Identification of pilot Countries in which to start the search for local partners (India and Brazil).
- Start search for partners and assistance in defining agreements
- Analysis of feasibility and business planning.
Today the Client has one joint venture in India and one in Brazil. Over half of the business volume is generated outside of Italy.