The Client offers street sweeping and waste collection services over an extended urban area. The acquisition of more spaces to cover had led to a large increase in staff and equipment usage, creating management and profit-related problems.
Consulgroup carried out an analysis of the business processes identifying two lines of intervention to optimise collection activities and review of equipment maintenance programmes.
- Construction of a territorial mapping database.
- Definition of standards for street sweeping and waste collection.
- Organisation of staff and equipment used.
- I.T. tools for calculation of service indexes.
- Routine maintenance programs.
- Collection of maintenance activity data with structured database.
- Plan for progressive standardization of equipment used.
Efficiency of the activities has become a business goal. The operational availability of the equipment has allowed to reduce the equipment park by 10%.